The Mitchells

I have fallen in love with this couple and their family.  Tru-tru-true!  If you know, you know.  I came across their YouTube Channel (Tami Chin Mitchell) a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it!  Wayne Mitchell aka "Wayne Marshall" is one of my favourite Reggae/Dancehall entertainers.  He is married to Tami Chin who is a singer and also a talk radio host on The Edge 105 here in Jamaica.  The title of her show embodies exactly what I see on her YouTube Channel.  She truly does "Live Out Loud" .  Nothing I have viewed on this channel is over-produced, fake or contrived.  You can definitely feel the realness of this family.  They are just putting their lives out there and I hope all can enjoy it for the treasure that it is.  In a time where people can be so plastic and an imitation of their true selves, it is refreshing to see a normal family on a social media platform.  One that is chaotic, funny, and loving with all of their HONEST ups and downs.  

Tami Chin-Mitchell and Wayne Mitchell

They are parents to 3 boys (Jaxen, Atlas and Baby Oz).  That Atlas is a handful!  Love the name by the way.  All the boys are sweet and amazing, but that Atlas is going to grow up to be something really special.  There was a video posted where he had a little bit of a meltdown and I am sure people had all types of advice, but Tami handled it her way.  In my opinion, it was the best way she could have handled it.  Sometimes we are so quick to criticize each other as Mothers not realising that we are all on a journey figuring it all out as we go.  What I may do with mine may not be what you do with yours, but it doesn't make it wrong.....just different.  I can appreciate in this particular video that she stepped aside and mentioned how she would want to yell and carry on, but she had to maintain control.  I've had my share of yelling.  Let my children speak on that!    

I'm not sure where the notion comes from that when you become a Mother you must get it right all the time.  Who feeds us that belief system?  How is it that many of us internalize this notion? Why do we buy into it and feel all sorts of guilt when we think we fall short?  Not sure, but we have to learn to embrace each other as Mothers.  Stop trying to out Mother the next Mother.  Rather, pat her on the back, look her in her eyes and let her know that you know.  At the end of the day we all want our children to grow up to be well-rounded, stable, happy adults.  The most we can do is our very best.  Our individual very best.  

Tami Chin, with your "Good Morning" song at the beginning of each video you are awesome.  You are loving and patient with your children.  I am sure you have those days where it is time to go off!  Despite all of that, your honesty and what you bring to the world through your channel is wonderful.  I, being a Mother of four, commend you for just being REAL.  That little four letter word has so much power.  You are inspiring.  Keep posting because I will definitely be watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Staycation

Changing My Health For The Better

Repairing A Cherished Friendship